The more I thought about this theory, the more it made sense. Paranormal activity would explain a lot of occurrences around my house, such as:
1. Unexplained footsteps in the middle of the night.
2. Finding lights on in rooms when I'm absolutely positive I turned them off.
3. Mysterious writing on the walls. Instead of 'REDRUM,' though, it usually looks more like this:
4. Objects in the house disappear all the time, and I find them later in strange places where I didn't put them.
5. Pictures on the walls are all hanging at an angle, even if I straightened them just a minute ago.
6. Electronic toys sometimes start up when no one's in the room or even awake.
7. Hearing muffled voices and whispering upstairs after bedtime, but when I go to check everything is quiet.
8. Several times I've walked into the kitchen to find the refrigerator door wide open. (Dramatic drops in temperature and doors that open by themselves are both signs you have a ghost.)
9. Peculiar handprints keep appearing on the walls. If I scrub them off, they're back the next day.
10. Sometimes I wake up from a dead sleep with the creepy feeling I'm being watched; a small apparition is at my bedside with an ominous message, like "My finger hurts."
Is your house haunted, too?